As of this writing, the new Microsoft Edge (preview) browser based on Chromium was just released. The following instructions will allow you to add the Google Search Engine as an option in your new Microsoft Edge 2019 browser.
- Open Settings in Microsoft Edge
- Click on Privacy and Services
- In the Services section, click on Address Bar
- Click on Manage Search Engines
- Click the Add button in the upper right
- In the open dialog box, enter the following
- Search engine: Google
- Keyword: google.com
- URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=%s
- Click Add. This will add the new search engine.
- Click on the 3 dots (…) to the right of the new search engine you created and select “Make default”.
We just created a Google Search Engine entry for the new Microsoft Edge 2019 web browser. You can follow these steps to add other search engines such as Yahoo!, DuckDuckGo, YouTube, Amazon and even Facebook.