Microsoft has released its final version of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium. The following instructions will allow you to add the Google Search Engine as an option in your new Microsoft Edge browser.
- Open Settings in Microsoft Edge
- Click on Privacy and Services
- In the Services section, click on Address Bar
- Click on Manage Search Engines
- Click the Add button in the upper right
- In the open dialog box, enter the following
- Search engine: Google
- Keyword: google.com
- URL: https://www.google.com/search?q=%s
- Click Add. This will add the new search engine.
- Click on the 3 dots (…) to the right of the new search engine you created and select “Make default”.
We just created a Google Search Engine entry for the new Microsoft Edge web browser. You can follow these steps to add other search engines such as Yahoo!, DuckDuckGo, YouTube, Amazon and even Facebook.
Editors Note: This post was originally published in December 2019 and has been revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.