Google Analytics is a very powerful (and FREE) web analytics tool for you to analyze your website traffic and marketing effectiveness. If you are using Blogger/Blogspot it is very simple to engage Google Analytics without adding any cryptic code to your template.
Follow these steps to turn on Google Analytics on your blog:
- Get an account with Google Analytics
- Follow the steps to create a New Account for your site from within Google Analytics
- Copy the Property ID/Tracking ID (eg, UA-12345678-1)
- Log into your Blogger account
- Navigate to Settings > Other
- Locate the Google Analytics section
- Paste your Property ID/Tracking ID into the Analytics Web Property ID field.
- Save your settings.
That’s all there is to it. You should log into your Google Analytics account to make sure it can see your tracking code.